chaplin

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Good news! I've discovered what's wrong with TV

As Cyril Fletcher used to say, I am indebted to Ian Penman (@pawboy2) for the discovery of SoLost*, a series of short films dedicated to "getting lost in the American south". It answers the need I wrote about a couple of days ago for a source of documentaries short enough to watch on the iPad while preparing breakfast.

I was talking to an independent producer this week who told me that commissioning editors on TV and radio nowadays expect the pitch for a programme to be in the first five minutes. Then it struck me that that's what's wrong with so many TV and radio programmes. They're not programmes. They're pitches.

 * Advice for home workers. Don't start. You'll be there all day.

2 comments:

  1. I've taken to watching highlights of old FA Cup Finals on Youtube; can't think of a better way to start the day than with a bit of vintage Brian Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like these as pitches?

    ReplyDelete